Thursday, March 8, 2007

Introduction

Hi, My name is Andrew.

So small talk out of the way first. I'm a part time student here at Griffith doing a Bachelor of arts with intentions of majoring in Journalism and Communications. I have long had an interest in writing and journalsim, english being the only subject at school that I was better than average at, and first studied for a Bachelor of Journalism at UQ after school (about seven or eight years ago). I never got very far with it however as I decided to go traveling for a few years, but always meant to come back to uni once I settled in one spot again. Well, this I have done and it is for this reason that I have decided to do this course.

I'am a passionate photographer and a keen, if somewhat intermittent, writer and I fit uni in around a fulltime job as a photographer with a multimedia production house called Photo & Film - www.photoandfilm.net. I'm also building my own photography business which at the moment revolves around photographing at equestrian events on the weekends and also producing several lines of postcards giftcards etc. Its just in the early stages and equates to a lot of work but is going well and there's lotsmore I plan on doing with the business. Check out my site- www.ajlphotopublish.com (ok, I know the home page blurb is a bit pretentious but you have to talk yourself up right?) In addition to this I do a bit of modest freelance photojournalism for various magazines and have had a few pieces published mainly in the spheres of equestrian sports and outdoors/climbing/adventure etc.

So that is my professional life in a nutshell.

This course so far seems like it will be an interesting journey. I am only a newcomer to the world of computers and communication technology, not having used them much before the last couple of years. So im looking forward to sinking my teeth into the topics and hopefully learning a bit more on the subject wich will be very valuable to my work aswell. Photoshop will be a peice of cake :)

4 comments:

ShaneBailey said...

Hey Andrew, Had a look at your website and you take some very good pictures! 'The World Afire' & 'Stairway To Heaven' are incredibly gorgeous photographs among others. See ya at Uni,
Shane

Katelyn said...

Hi thankyou for the comment.
photography sounds very interesting. do you work with models??

i will be seeing you on friday in effective writting!

Alextricity said...

Hey Andrew,

Wish I could put faces to all these names of uni friends.

In any case, I enjoyed your blog and checked out your photography site - just beautiful!

seeyou around!

alex :)

Katelyn said...

Yes i can see your a bit behind, you only have one blog posted. I thought the scavenger hunt was stupid.

Yeah ive been with an agency for the past 4 yrs. so now im just balancing full time uni, and modelling part time.